Sunday, October 30, 2011

Original Watercolor Painting of an Owl

What is it with me and owls lately?  This is the second one in the past month!  I think they're so mysterious and gorgeous.  I had one follow me for several blocks when I went out walking at dusk a while ago.  It's a haunting feeling to have a bird of prey track you.  Maybe I looked tasty?  Maybe my totem was choosing me. Hmmmmm.


As a thank you to my patrons, I'm going to offer this one as an auction for a lower price than I would normally start with.  I hope you all enjoy!

8 comments:

Art with Liz said...

It's a lucky person indeed who has an owl as her totem animal! An amazing painting Rachel.

CraveCute said...

Gorgeous Rachel!

martinealison said...

Les rapaces sont des oiseaux fascinants. Le regard de votre chouette est très expressif et puissant. Une aquarelle sublime comme toutes celles que je viens de prendre le temps d'admirer en parcourant votre blog...
Je vous souhaite de joyeuses fêtes avec de gros bisous.

rachelsstudio.com said...

Thank you all! I loved painting this guy.

DorChi said...

This painting is amazing! I like owls very much, too! It's perfect! So mysterious! So graceful!

Nick said...

nice to meet you Rachel, and I really like your owl!!

Sharon Whitley said...

superb painting, a new follower

RachelParker said...

Thank you DorChi, Nick, and Sharon!